Friday, April 20, 2012

My Dream Writing Space

With the Kids Suite renovation nearing an end, I get to start planning how to repurpose the space to become my dream writing room. It’s a good sized room, so I definitely want to go with an “open” feel. I hate clutter, though it invests my house and my writing room needs to be a place where I can get down to work without a whole lot of picking up. It also needs to be a place that makes me feel relaxed and creative at the same time.

I’ll need a desk, and as luck would have it, I have a perfect writing desk I picked up when I was in grad school. The chair that came with it is nice, but it lacks wheels and since my wireless printer will be on the shelf behind me, I’m going in search of the prefect brown office chair.
Brown? Yes, brown. I’m going with teal walls, chocolate curtains and cream and lime green accents. In addition to the brown office chair, I’m also looking for an oversized brown chair. Before I select my exact shades, I’m going on a hunt for the perfect fabric on which to base my design.
I’ve also found enough Golden Book fabric to make a quilt and matching pillows, to keep me cozy on those cold Indiana nights. Don’t ask me when I’m going to find time to make said quilts, but someday, it will happen and the first books I ever read will remind me why I do what I do!

Once the room is done and the furniture has been found, I’ll move on to the TV. At first, I wasn’t sure I wanted a TV in my sanctuary, but now that some televisions are coming wireless-ready, I’ll be able to stream Pandora around the clock. Plus, since I was in high school, I find that having something on in the background actually helps my mind keep from drifting off. It’s a weird thing, but I know I’m not the only one with this little tick.

Two final touches that will make the room uniquely mine, as if it isn’t already, are a Scentsy warmer with Thunderstorm melting away and a Kurieg machine. I could keep the device in my kitchen. After all, that makes the most sense, but I have a coffee maker in there for all practical purposes and a tea kettle for boiling water for all other drinks. But the Kurieg is special. It’s like having my own little barista next to me. And believe me when I say nothing can tick off the muse more than finding SOMEONE has finished off the last of my favorite flavor. And we can’t have that now, can we?

What would your dream writing nook have in it? Whatever you choose, remember to BE PASSIONATE about the things you surround yourself with.

1 comment:

  1. Good Habbit earn money play bazaar Food and dinner can make you best tip, kirana beverages are helping to Pepsicosatta king Nice One and good game.

    ReplyDelete